My Mom asked for a couple of garden signs and
she sent me these two pics for inspiration of what she wanted
For the "Harvest Thyme" sign, I started with a scrap piece of wood
that I painted and antiqued.
I usually lightly draw my letter placement on with chalk
then freehand my letters with paint.
When the paint is dry, I wipe off remaining chalk
with a damp cloth
To funk it up, I used these brick ties that I found at Restore...
Curled the ends of them, added beads and wire then attached
onto the sign in small holes I drilled at the bottom.
But the top of the sign looked bare so...
I looked in here...and found this...
A yummy vintage door knob plate that I screwed into the top.
I added a hanging wire and this one was good to go.
For the second sign, I used more scrap lumber and
attached them together using metal mending plates.
I also spotted these flower knobs and another
wooden flower piece in my stash and thought I would
incorporate them somehow.
Same process with the paint, antiquing and lettering...
I ended up drilling holes to accommodate the
flower knob "stems", then glued into place.
I layered these two flowers and sanded and distressed them.
It was pure luck that the colors were already just fine for this piece!
I added a hanging wire and it was done.
Oh, and I added a few painted vines on there as well.
Hope you enjoyed this quick project!
or browse my items on Etsy