I should have called this the
"One Year Dollar Store Mosaic Flamingo Project"... it literally
took a year to finish it, here's why...
About a year ago while working on Mosaic Surfboard Order
and already had my supplies out, I grabbed a Dollar Tree
plastic Pink Flamingo I had and decided to mosaic him too.
He started out something like this
I used regular tile adhesive to attach, set him aside to dry,
and since I was making him for myself, he kind of got put on the back burner.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I was grouting these these mosaic
bones for my dog beds, I saw the flamingo in the corner and decided to finish him.
Also, I just noticed the bandaid on the left in the mosaic pic above LOL...yep
around here, it's just not a mosaic until at least a little blood has been shed.
I always use this product when mixing my grout.
You can use it in place of all the water or some of the water.
It has polymers in it that make the grout stronger and more water resistant.
He has black wire legs that came with him that stick into the body...
they are hard to see in the pic.
Since it's heaver with the glass and grout, I had to do
some finagling to get him to stand straight.
I used little black beads for the eyes
And there you have it...the One Year Project.
Feels good to cross something off the list!
I would love for you to come visit on Facebook
or find me on Pinterest
Thanks for stopping by!