I had recent orders for my graffiti inspired
dragonflies so I decided to make four extra to put in the Etsy store,
and a couple of those have already gone to their new homes.
This time, instead of painting individual wings, I decided to paint the entire board,
then cut out the wings. I painted layers of color and random
letters and numbers so that when cut out, parts of those
elements would be in the wings.
It worked out pretty well!
I still added more layers of paint after cutting
but the basic background was there.
Lot of different metal parts for the eyes and antenna...
I used a fork and old clip hook for these eyes.
My mom saved these clips for me for my dragonflies...
I drilled a pilot hole and attached them with a screw...
I made 2 with blue bodies and 2 with black bodies
I had gotten these free chairs, plus a couple more not in this photo,
that were pulled out of an old storage shed some friends were cleaning out.
They saw junk and thought of me LOL...love that!
After cutting them down, I was left with all these
wonderful parts that otherwise would have ended up in the landfill.
I also used some of these cool wooden finials on the bottoms
of the blue dragonflies
Lots of layers of paint...
See all the other graffiti dragonflies and butterflies by clicking
graffiti in the categories section.
Thanks for stopping by!
I would love for you to visit my Etsy store and see what's new.
Oh and I just ordered a nail gun to use with my compressor...I'm so excited :)
I hope to be building some new dog beds and can't wait to share